Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Furry Friends in the sewing room!

Just sharing a cute photo of my keeper of the 2 1/2" strips! I am sewing some log cabin blocks today, for a quilt for my bed finally! I thought it was time, after almost 20 years of quilting, to make one for myself! Oh, I will share it with hubby, I guess! ha ha!  I turned around to cut another strip, (because I just fly by the seat of my pants when making quilts and didn't have enough cut) and she was laying on my fabric nice and cozy! This kitty is Grey, one of my Daughter's kitties, named after Grey's Anatomy, her favorite show! ha ha! Here is the other one, Peepers, sleeping in an empty basket I just stuck under my wool cabinet!
I just moved my sewing room into my Daughter's old room again, She moved back home a little over a year ago with her kitten's and then just moved out a few weeks ago. HMMMM, I think she forgot some things! They think this is still their room. It is nice to have my sewing room back in this space, I made some changes since the last time. I really like it, even though it is small, it is bigger than the laundry room! I will take some pictures soon, when I finish moving in. For now, I will sew. I'm home today with Pink Eye, of all things. Luckily I can work from home, and did get some designer emails taken care of! No wool club tonight, but I should be good to go for Craft night at the shop on Thursday evening! Hope to see some of you then!
     Happy Tuesday!
             Jeni

13 comments:

  1. Kitties love sewing rooms and all the cozy spots and fabrics.
    I hope your eye feels better, that is not fun to have.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! It feels better than yesterday! I haven't gotten to the post office today, so your box will go out tomorrow!! Hope you like your swap gift!!
      Jeni

      Delete
  2. Awww...your furry friends are too cute :) How wonderful to have such loving company. I hope your eye clears up soon!
    Smiles, DianeM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those kitties sure are cute! I'm sure they keep you company when you sew. My dog Ginger lays on my feet while I sew! Keeps one or the other foot nice and cozy. You can see her on my blog under the Christmas tree. She is healing after an accident so is very cozy these days! Take care of your eye...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missie!
      They are pretty cute, and funny too! I would love to have my Chester in here with me, but the kitties don't like him too much! Ha! He is still a wild puppy, and would have my fabric everywhere! I saw your pup, hope she heals fast!
      Jeni

      Delete
    2. Thank you! One day she does good, the next she does not seem so well. Overall we are enjoying each others company while she recovers. I am getting lots of Punchneedle and quilting done while I keep her company!

      Delete
  4. Too cute! I'm glad to read that you're making a quilt for yourself. Hope your eye is better quickly! Enjoy your sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kay!! I'm sure it will be much better tomorrow, and my quilt is coming along nicely! 30-16" log cabin blocks, with 4" center squares. The strips are 2 1/2" wide, so it's going quick! Maybe I'll be quilting it this weekend!
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Jeni, I got the pattern from Gretchen and I've printed it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Dorothy! email me a picture of what you make with it!! And you are welcome!
      Jeni

      Delete
  7. Your daughter's kitties look perfectly happy staying with you in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they love their kitty grandma! Funny thing, is I have baskets and trays that I keep around, so I can cover what I'm working on when I leave the room, so it's not full of kitty hair when I come back in! Ha!
      Jeni
      ps, I wear my necklace all the time!!

      Delete