Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Secret Christmas present!

I'm making a quilt for my husband for Christmas! I'm pretty sure he won't see this post! Ha ha! The quilt is actually all sewn together as of a couple nights ago, all but the border! I hope to get it quilted on Friday! I think I can secretly get the binding on in the early mornings after he leaves for work. If not, my friend Sandy has offered to put it on. She is really fast and does a great job, so we'll see how things go! I have always wanted to make a quilt for our bed, and after almost 20 years of making mostly small quilts, I decided it was time! I think he'll be very surprised, and love it!  There will also be some tools under the tree! Somehow, now that I wrote that, it seems like I will also be benefiting from these gifts! ha ha! The tools are for furniture building, and the quilt will be on our bed! Hummm, funny how that happens! Maybe I better think of something that will be just for him too! LOL! I'll post a new picture when the quilt is done!
     Happy day to all!
          Jeni

9 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! I too have made a few quilts especially for my hubs. He is very tall and usually one end of him or the other just isn't covered well enough to be warm and cozy...so when I make him a quilt I am sure to get out the measuring tape to make sure it long enough to cover his toes as well as his shoulders! Makes for a much more comfy quilt! I am sure your husband will love his gift! Good luck keeping it a surprise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Log cabins are one of my very favorite patterns and yours is gorgeous. Funny about you sharing in the gifts...I realized the other day that I've done that same thing - giving the husband gifts that I will also benefit from! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I didn't really plan that, although, I guess I started out just making it for our bed! Then I decided it would make a nice present! For him, but is it also from me to me? Oh boy! Lol!

      Delete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt, he will love it.
    I want to do one for mine, I have been collecting his jeans and some corduroy, now I need to make it.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denim and corduroy sounds fun! I hope you make it and post a picture! Thank you, Debbie!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty. Lucky that you can quilt it yourself - finding a quilter with an opening this time of the year sounds frazzling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay, thank you! I did get it quilted on Friday! Just did a small stipple all over! The gal that quilts on our machine took the day off, so I nabbed the machine for the day! I meant to call her today to take tomorrow off, so I could quilt a very large TShirt quilt! Oh well, it will have to wait!
      Thanks!
      Jeni

      Delete